The PSA shall primarily be responsible for the implementation of the objectives and provisions of R.A. 10625.
It shall plan, develop, prescribe, disseminate and enforce policies, rules and regulations and coordinate government-wide programs governing the production of official statistics, general-purpose statistics, and civil registration services.
It shall primarily be responsible for all national censuses and surveys, sectoral statistics, consolidation of selected administrative recording systems and compilation of national accounts.
The PSA shall:
- Serve as the central statistical authority of the Philippine government on primary data collection;
- Prepare and conduct periodic censuses on population, housing, agriculture, fisheries, business, industry, and other sectors of the economy;
- Collect, compile, analyze, abstract and publish statistical information relating to the country’s economic, social, demographic and general activities and condition of the people;
- Prepare and conduct statistical sample surveys on all aspects of socioeconomic life including agriculture, industry, trade, finance, prices and marketing information, income and expenditure, education, health, culture, and social situations for the use of the government and the public;
- Carry out, enforce and administer civil registration functions in the country as provided for in Act 3753, the Law on Registry of Civil Status;
- Collaborate with departments of the national government including GOCCs and their subsidiaries in the collection, compilation, maintenance and publication of statistical information, including special statistical data derived from the activities of those departments, corporations and their subsidiaries;
- Promote and develop integrated social and economic statistics and coordinate plans for the integration of those statistics, including the national accounts;
- Develop and maintain appropriate frameworks and standards for the collection, processing, analysis and dissemination of data;
- Coordinate with government departments and local government units (LGUs) on the promotion and adoption of statistical standards involving techniques, methodologies, concepts, definitions and classifications, and on the avoidance of duplication in the collection of statistical information;
- Conduct continuing methodological, analytical and development activities, in coordination with the PSRTI, to improve the conduct of censuses, surveys and other data collection activities;
- Recommend executive and legislative measures to enhance the development of the statistical activities and programs of the government;
- Prepare, in consultation with the PSA Board, a Philippine Statistical Development Program (PSDP);
- Implement policies on statistical matters and coordination, as directed by the PSA Board, and;
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by the PSA Board and as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of RA 10625.
THE PSA LOGO AND ITS MEANING
The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) logo signifies its commitment to provide timely and quality statistics necessary for decision making in all aspects of Filipino life. It reflects the PSA’s vision of solid, responsive, and world-class authority on quality statistics and civil registration; and its mission to deliver relevant, reliable statistics and civil registration services for equitable development towards improved quality of life for all.
Two main elements in the logo
- Three curved arrows
Symbolize the three main pillars of the PSA as an organization: solid, responsive, and world-class. These arrows are colored red, yellow, and blue representing the colors of the Philippine flag and signifying the role of the PSA as the national statistical agency. The arrows are joined together on their sides to represent the PSA being solid, and are pointing upwards to symbolize the PSA’s dynamism in accomplishing its critical role of achieving the collective dream of sustained economic and social progress, reflecting the responsiveness of the PSA.
- Sphere and grid (globe)
Represent the PSA’s adherence to the United Nations Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics and commitment to international conventions and standards. It also represents the PSA’s participation in the global statistical community, mirroring its vision of being world-class.
Solid responsive world-class authority on quality statistics and civil registration.
Deliver relevant, reliable statistics and civil registration services for equitable development towards improved quality of life for all.
We, the Philippine Statistics Authority, commit to deliver relevant and reliable statistics and efficient civil registration services to our client and stakeholders.
We adhere to the UN Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics in the production of quality general-purpose statistics and commit to deliver civil registration services in accordance with the laws, rules and regulations, and other statutory requirements.
We endeavor to live by the established core values and corporate personality of the PSA and adapt the appropriate technology in the development of our products and delivery of services.
We commit to continually improve the effectiveness of our Quality Management System to ensure equitable development towards improved quality of life for all.
S teadfast Unwavering faith rain or shine
T eam Spirit Together as one
A daptability Open to changes
T ransparency No hidden agenda
I ntegrity Strong inside out
S tewardship Responsible management of resources
T rust in Almighty God Reflects spirituality
I ndependence Impartial
C ompetence Professionalism
S ervice-oriented Delighting customers
P rofessional ethical, expert, competent, dependable, committed to excellence
R esponsive customer focused, active listener, proactive, communicator
I nnovative modern, technologically adept, systems view, thinking out of the box, radical
S trategic thinker long-term view, working smart, game changer, futurity of present decisions.
M otivated values people, promotes welfare, promotes professional development, sound HR policy
PROCEDURE OF FILING COMPLAINTS
Talk to our Public Assistance Desk (PACD)
Accomplish the feedback form and put in the drop box at the Public Assistance Desk (PACD).
Send your feedback through
Requested documents can no longer be claimed after 30 days from the date of release.