CIVIL REGISTRATION SYSTEM
Figure 1 shows the number of processed and issued birth certificates in CRS Tuguegarao Outlet during the 1st quarter of 2020 with a total of 94,988 or a decrease of 10.5 percent compared to the previous year of the same quarter.
During the 1st quarter of 2020, it was observed that the month of January had the highest processed applications with 37,358 applications.
On Marriage issuances, CRS Tuguegarao Outlet received a total of 15,899 requests during the quarter of this year. Figure 2 shows that the requested documents declined by 4.6 percent compared to same period of 2019. The month of January was observed to have the highest number of processed marriages with 7,173 applications.
There were 19,146 processed and issued CENOMAR for the first quarter of 2020. It shows a decrease of 8.2 percent from the same period of last year. The month of January posted the highest processed CENOMAR at 7,022applications.
A total of 2,930 requests for death were issued during the first quarter of 2020 as shown in the graph below. Figure 4 indicates an increase of about 17.1 percent from the 2019 figure of 2,502 issued death certificates.
ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION OF AUTHORITY TO SOLEMNIZE MARRIAGE (CRASM)
The graph shows a total of 173 applications for CRASM were approved for the first quarter of 2020 compared to the same period of 2019with 209 applications. The month of January posted the highest number of processed CRASM for the quarter.
BARANGAY PEOPLE`S DAY
Philippine Statistics Authority–Regional Statistical Services Office II (PSA-RSSO II) participated in the Barangay Peoples Day conducted by the City Government of Tuguegarao held on January 10, 2020 at Libag Norte, Barangay Hall Tuguegarao City.
Queries and questions from various clients regarding problems encountered in their civil registry documents were raised and handled by the Outlet Supervisor - Alternate, Ms. Maria Corazon H. Guzman.
CIVIL REGISTRATION MONTH CELEBRATION
The Philippine Statistics Authority–Regional Statistical Services Office II(PSA-RSSO II in collaboration with the City/Municipal Civil Registry Offices spearheaded the celebration of the 30th Civil Registration Month in the Region with the theme “Shaping CRVS by embracing New Trends in the 4th Industrial Revolution”. This annual celebration is pursuant to Presidential Proclamation No. 682 “Declaring the Month of February of every year as Civil Registration Month throughout the country which aimed to fully remind the citizens of their duty to register the vital acts and events.
The following activities were conducted during the month-long celebration:
- PSA-Isabela conducted the kick-off celebration successfully through an Opening Ceremony hosted by the City Government of Santiago, Isabela in coordination with Civil Registry Office on February 03, 2020 at Bulwagan ng Mamamayan City Hall, Santiago City, Isabela. A motorcade around Santiago City followed by the opening of the Civil Registration Photo Exhibit as well as Statistical and Civil Registration quiz were conducted and participated by PSA employees and on-the-job trainees.
- PSA-Cagayan Provincial Office also had the kick-off celebration on February 6, 2020 in partnership with Philippine Association of Civil Registrar`s Cagayan Chapter (PACR). A motorcade around Tuguegarao City followed by the PACR monthly meeting at the PSA Cagayan Provincial Office, Tuguegarao City was conducted. Chief Administrative Officer Milagros C. Adduru expressed her gratitude towards Municipal/City Civil Registrars of Cagayan for their unending and unwavering support for PSA especially in Civil Registration Service.
- To open formally the 30th Civil Registration Month, the Regional Office also conducted information dissemination to PSA clients on the celebration of Civil Registration Month. Milagros C. Adduru, Chief Administrative Officer and Statistical Specialist II Maria Corazon H. Guzman discussed the importance of civil registry documents to the life of every person and also their duty to register vital events.
MASS CIVIL WEDDING
Mass Civil Wedding is one of the highlights of the celebration every year. This is organized by the different Local Government Units in the region through the initiative of the City/Municipal Civil Registrars as a public service to their constituents for free and officiated by the Honorable Mayor in such municipality. The office was usually invited by the Local Government Units, the Regional Director and/or representative serves as the guest speaker to the said occasion.
- Alicia, Isabela
- Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
- Peñablanca, Cagayan
- Ilagan, Isabela
- Cabagan, Isabela
- Angadanan, Isabela
- Roxas ,Isabela
Dura Lex Sed Lex is a regular program of Bombo Radio every Sunday at 2:00 pm wherein, different agencies were invited to discuss their activities on air. For Philippine Statistics Authority, we were invited on February 2 and 23, 2020 to talk on the 30th Civil Registration Month and to cater queries/problems and other concerns of the public regarding their Civil Registry Documents. This year, the office was represented by Registration Officer IV Rose Pacay, tackled the different line of activities and also serve as information dissemination regarding Civil Registration.
CONDUCT OF TRIVIA TO CLIENTS
The office conducted civil registration quiz after flag raising ceremony on February 10 & 17, 2020 to the clients who were requesting for their civil registry documents. The aim is to know if clients are aware of the services that the office is giving to the public particularly in Civil Registration. Token was given to each 5 winners.
- One of the prime activities of the Local Civil Registry Office is the mobile registration. This year, Local Civil Registry Office of Peñablanca, Cagayan invited the office to join in the conduct of mobile registration, information dissemination campaign and feeding program to Indigenous People of Barangay Minanga, Peñablanca, Cagayan.
- The City Government of Tuguegarao thru their City Civil Registrar’s Office invited the office to discuss timely updates on Civil Registration during the flag raising ceremony on February 24, 2020. Engr. Girme M. Bayucan, Chief Statistical Specialist represented the Regional Director and discussed the theme of the CVRS month which is “Shaping CRVS in the 4th Industrial Revolution“He emphasized that the local government units (LGUs) should focus in adapting new trends in civil registration that will help create faster transactions and efficient civil registration services.
OCULAR INSPECTION OF CHURCHES
One of the functions of the office under Civil Registration is the issuance of Certificate of Registration of Authority to Solemnize Marriage (CRASM) to Solemnizing Officers, new and renewal of certificates were submitted to the Provincial Office for approval of the Regional Office. For new registered churches or sect, the office conducted ocular inspection in Lapogan Church of Christ and Catholic Apostolic Church Ordered by Full Grace of the Holy Spirit in Tumauini,Isabela to further check the veracity of the requirements submitted for approval.
CIVIL REGISTRATION AND STATISTICAL QUIZBEE
Local Government Unit of San Mateo through the initiative of Municipal Civil Registrar Charles A. Mendoza administered Civil Registration and Statistical Quiz on February 28, 2020 at the Municipal Conference Hall to highlight the celebration of the Civil Registration Month.
Registration Officer IV Rose Q. Pacay, Information System Analyst Sheryll Elaine Rigua, Statistical Aide Mary Jane Pepito, along with Statistical Specialist II Thelma Castillo of PSA-Isabela and Statistical Analyst Romeo Rinion Jr. administered the Civil Registration and Statistical Quiz.
- An outreach program was conducted on February 26, 2020 in Alinunu Abulug, Cagayan, one of the barangays affected by severe flooding last November 2019. There were 100 indigent Senior Citizen as our beneficiaries. This is a commitment of the office by giving services to marginalized institution especially the indigent senior citizens. PSA Staff prepared a simple gift giving and feeding program.
- Another outreach program was conducted on the same day in Dana-Ili, Abulug, Cagayan, one of the barangays affected by flash flood last November 2019. There were 43 families identified as our beneficiaries.
A Slogan-Making Contest was conducted as one of the activities of the 30th Civil Registration Month at PSA-RSSO II Conference Room, Tuguegarao City. The participants were representatives from Statistical Operations and Coordination Division (SOCD), Civil Registry Service (CRS), Contract of Service Workers (COSW) and On-the-Job Trainees. The slogan shall interpret and revolve around the theme: “Shaping CRVS by embracing New Trends in the 4th Industrial Revolution.”
Based from the decision of Board of Judges, the winning piece is entry number 1.The winners were Ms. Vivian Balubal and Denn Agustin representatives from Contract of Service Workers (COSW).
The celebration of the 2020 Civil Registration Month in the Region culminated successfully through a Closing Ceremony held on February 28, 2020 at PSA RSSO II Tuguegarao City, Cagayan. The Program was attended by PSA Officials and staff, CRS Associates, job order employees and On-the-Job Trainees.
In her inspirational message, RD Marilyn T. Estrada, stresses the importance of Civil Registration in the life of every individual. She said, “Civil Registration gives identity and meaning to everyone and data is the lifeblood of decision making because it allows both individual and organization to make informed decision. That’s why it is not enough to just tell the story, it is important to tell the right story to ensure that policies, programs and projects are responsive and effective”.
She encouraged everyone to not just sit down and do nothing; instead everyone must embrace the opportunities and challenges brought by the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR).
The month-long celebration became possible and very successful as all the targeted activities were achieved and undertaken with the cooperation, support and participation of all the staff of the Regional Office and various partners in civil registration.